Mountain climbers got too high, had to be rescued because they were too stoned to walk down
Four mountain climbers in the UK had to be rescued after achieving the wrong kind of high.
The group got stuck at the top of Scafell Pike in Cumbria after smoking marijuana and becoming "incapable of walking" on Saturday afternoon, UK media reported.
Their predicament sparked a three-hour rescue effort involving helicopters, ambulances and mountain rescue staff.
"Words fail us," Cumbria police posted on Facebook.
"Persons rescued after becoming incapable of walking due to cannabis use... MRT volunteers putting themselves at risk to prevent harm."
After suggestions on social media that cannabis couldn't render someone "incapable of walking", let alone an entire group, police said they agreed it seemed "excessive", hinting another drug may have been the cause.
"Taking alcohol or any other substance that could impair your judgement significantly increases your risk of getting into trouble," said Supt Justin Bibby afterwards.
"It has no place on a mountain."
Scafell Pike is the tallest in England. At 978m, it's roughly equivalent to Waikato's Mt Te Aroha and Mt Pirongia in height.