Ahhh, the old "I slipped" excuse strikes again.
A 26-year-old man in New Delhi has showed up at hospital with a shower head stuck up his arse after 'falling' in the shower.
Old mate, who remains anonymous for obvious reasons, insisted that he hadn't shoved the shower head up there himself when he showed up to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital and Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research.
Making his way to hospital after detaching the shower head from the pipe, the man's vitals showed he was stable, and no evidence of blood was found in his rectum. Glad to hear matey.
Dr Peeyush Kumar wrote in the British Medical Journal:
"A proper history and examination is mandatory to look for signs and symptoms of perforation and infection, such as fever, severe abdominal pain and bleeding."
"History is often ambiguous and incomplete due to a high level of embarrassment and social stigma attached to the condition. The same was seen in our case."
"Though the patient reported accidental insertion of the shower head and denied voluntary insertion, there is a high suspicion of voluntary insertion for auto-erotic purpose"
He also said that "A large variety of objects have been reported, including bottles, cans, glass bulbs, stones, small rods, fruits and vegetables, vibrators, dildos and toys" and "two-thirds of the patients are males in their 30s or 40s, who use such objects for auto-erotic purposes."
Well, whatever you're into lads...