A near 10-minute banger from Metallica's 1996 album Load has topped a fan vote of the band's 10 most underrated songs of all time.
Even the most causal music fan would recognise Metallica's staples like 'Enter Sandman', 'Master of Puppets' or our King of Countdown topping track 'One', but Kerrang! asked it's readers to pick their favourite, most underrated tunes, with 'The Outlaw Town' coming in #1.
From the band's 10 studio albums, Metallica's Load took out the most spots in the top 10 with four tracks, and even a track from controversial 2003 release St. Anger made the cut. Go figure.
Have a listen to the 'The Outlaw Town' above and check out the full top 10 below:
10 most underrated Metallica songs of all time
1. The Outlaw Torn (Load, 1996)
2. Bleeding Me (Load, 1996)
3. Fixxxer (Reload, 1997)
4. Dyers Eve (…And Justice For All, 1988)
5. Disposable Heroes (Master Of Puppets, 1986)
6. Escape (Ride The Lightning, 1984)
7. The Unnamed Feeling (St. Anger, 2003)
8. Trapped Under Ice (Ride The Lightning, 1984)
9. Hero Of The Day (Load, 1996)
10. King Nothing (Load, 1996)