The Rock is the home of the No Repeat Workday. That's pretty self-explanatory - it means we promise not to repeat any song during 9am - 5pm on weekdays. If we muck it up, and you're the first caller through on 0800 ROCKPHONE (0800 762 574) we'll write you a cheque for $1000.
Just keep listening to The Rock between 9am-5pm and keeping note of what's been on-air, or checking the playlist below. Then, be the first caller through on 0800 ROCKPHONE and the cash is yours!
And we’re doing things a wee bit different for the next two weeks. We're planning to deliberately mess up the no repeat workday THREE TIMES just so you've got the chance to get your grubby hands on to a whole lotta cash.
There are a few ground rules:
(1) The song has to be played in its entirety, and it's gotta be the same song by the same artist - that is, the same recording - so live versions don't count.
(2) You must call when you hear the song - i.e. not three weeks later.
(3) It has to be a standard workday, not a public holiday! This includes regional anniversary days.
(4) At all times commercial filler audio, paid advertising and advertising material are not valid audio for this promotion.
(5) Standard Rock Terms & Conditions apply.
Cause that's how the Irish do it, and that's reason enough.
Before the Rock, Jim starred in short films for the NZ Film Academy...