Queen's Brian May rushed to hospital after suffering from a heart attack

Our News 26/05/2020

Queen rocker Brian May has revealed he is currently recovering from surgery after suffering a heart attack.

Mark Quinlivan from Newshub reports:

The 72-year-old had a heart attack while he was recovering from a buttocks injury he got while gardening earlier this month.

"I was shocked, I thought I was a healthy guy," he said in a video posted to Instagram on Monday.

The result of an angiogram following the heart attack revealed he had three arteries that were "congested and in danger of blocking the blood to my heart", May said.

"It was about 40 minutes of pain in the chest and tightness," he said of the heart attack.

"To cut a long story short, my wonderful doctor drove me to the hospital himself and I had an angiogram."

May went on to have open heart surgery and three stents were put in place.

"I couldn't feel they had been in here. I couldn't feel anything and I still can't, it's been amazing."

He also revealed more details about his earlier gardening injury that turned out to be more serious than first thought.

"I wanted to jump at some points. I could not believe the pain. And people are saying 'that's not like a ripped muscle', so eventually, I had another MRI," he said in the Instagram video.

May went on to say a further scan showed he had a compressed sciatic nerve.

"I'm a lot better now," he said. "I'm free of that terrible pain that actually destroys your mind."

Newshub.