20 of the most popular lies people tell their partner
A survey of 2,000 adults revealed that almost everyone lies to their partner. What a shocker.
Half have been lied to in a relationship, with one in three saying the lie was serious, and one in 20 have been dumped as a result of being caught lying.
Keep an ear out for these top 20 lies:
- "I am listening."
- "I'm not in a bad mood."
- "I only had one drink."
- "I din't see your text/call."
- "You don't look fat."
- "I am sticking to my diet."
- "I had an orgasm."
- "This isn't a new outfit."
- "Your butt doesn't look big in that."
- "I wasn't looking at their figure."
- "I didn't break that."
- "I was out with friends."
- "I like your mates."
- "I'm saving the item of clothing you bought me for a special occasion."
- "I like your cooking."
- "I didn't eat that treat we were saving."
- "I've never cheated on you."
- "I like your parents."
- "I don't have a history with that person."
- "I didn't put that dent/scratch on the car."
Ever been told any of these? Or how many have you actually told?
Sounds quite familiar.