We all have that one competitive friend who can't get through games night without cheating - well now there's a board game made for them.
Hasbro is releasing a new version of Monopoly in which cheating means winning, because it's 2018 and anything goes.
"A recent study conducted by Hasbro revealed that nearly half of game players attempt to cheat during Monopoly games, so in 2018, we decided it was time to give fans what they've been craving all along - a Monopoly game that actually encourages cheating," Jonathan Berkowitz, senior vice president of Hasbro gaming told Insider.
The object of the game - to be the player with the most money at the end of the game - remains the same, but now it's going to be a little tougher to accomplish. The Cheater's Edition will ask players to get away with cheating as many times as they can during game play - skipping spaces, trying to avoid paying rent, and even pocketing a few extra dollar notes from the bank when no one's looking.
Insider reports in addition to Community Chest and Chance cards, the Cheater's Edition will also come with a stack of 15 Cheat cards.
Some of the cheats include:
- Placing an unearned hotel on one of your pieces of property
- Removing a hotel from someone else's property
- Taking an extra $100 in Monopoly money from the bank when you pass GO.
- Moving another player's token instead of your own on your turn.
- Giving someone less money than you owe them.
- Collecting rent for someone else's property
If you succeed at your given cheat, you are rewarded. But if you get caught, there are consequences. The game even comes with handcuffs.
Cheater's Monopoly will be released later this year.