This is your daily reminder that just because you see something on the internet, doesn’t mean you have to try it out.
A 30-year-old bloke from Thailand was recently rushed to hospital after he clamped a home-made chastity lock onto his testicles.
As reported by Daily Star, the bloke had seen similar devices being used on the internet, so he decided to ‘play around’ with one himself.
Except instead of ordering a proper, safe chastity lock, he found an unused padlock in his dad’s toolbox and must’ve thought, yep, that’ll do.
He clamped the metal padlock onto the top of his testies, but forgot about one small but crucial detail… He didn’t have the key.
After two nights of intense pain, the man was rushed to the emergency room, where medics were unfortunately unable to remove the padlock.
Fire and rescue workers were called into the hospital; they were able to cut through the thick padlock with a handheld mini-circular saw.
Doctors treated the bloke’s swollen balls with numbing agent and cold water, before they were able to forcibly unlock the padlock after half an hour.
“A small piece of metal was slid between the lock and patient's skin to prevent him from being injured by the saw. There were still some cuts on his testicles, which was quite painful for him,” a rescue officer said.
"He was lucky that the area was not infected. It was swollen and it could have been a lot worse.
"This sort of thing happens a lot when people start playing around and using things as sex toys," he added.
"We keep having to warn people not to use industrial hardware for this kind of thing."
Again, and I cannot stress this enough, just because you see it on the internet… does not mean you have to try it yourself.