If you, or the kids, or the partner, has been begging for a getaway and you want to surprise them with one, by golly it's your lucky day.
Air New Zealand and Grabaseat are legit offering last-minute domestic flights for as low as $54. You have to be spontaneous with this one because the sale ends at 11:59 PM on May 7th (Sunday) with only 25,000 tickets on offer.
Here are some of the cheap domestic flights that are part of the sale (the full list can be seen (and tickets bought) on Grabaseat’s website):
- Auckland to Rotorua from $54
- Auckland to Wellington from $74
- Auckland to Christchurch from $74
- Auckland to Queenstown from $104
- Wellington to Dunedin from $64
- Wellington to Queenstown from $74
- Wellington to Christchurch from $64
- Wellington to Nelson from $64
- Christchurch to Napier from $74
- Christchurch to Auckland from $74
- Christchurch to Wellington from $74
Iain Walker, Air New Zealand’s Domestic General Manager, encourages y’all to embrace your spontaneous side adding that he reckons the tickets are going to be here then gone, so...
“This is your chance to explore a new part of your own backyard,” he said. “It’s the perfect time to embrace those impulsive travel thoughts and book a late-minute wintery South Island escape, explore our biggest cities, or even head to some of our best wineries in Marlborough or Hawke’s Bay.”
“The low fare frenzy features great prices across New Zealand. We anticipate tickets will fly out the door and encourage customers to jump on board early if they don’t want to miss out.”