Seems like ol' Elon Musk is sackin' it for the rumoured cage-fight between him and Mark Zuckerberg.
The Facebook founder recently hit out at the Tesla boss as hype continued to grow that the two could face off in Rome’s Colosseum, after Musk challenged Zuckerberg in June to an Octagon battle.
Zuckerberg posted on his Threads platform today (August 14), created to rival the Elon-owned Twitter, which he has renamed X: “I think we can all agree Elon isn’t serious and it’s time to move on.
“Elon won’t confirm a date, then says he needs surgery, and now asks to do a practice round in my backyard instead.
“If Elon ever gets serious about a real date and official event, he knows how to reach me.
“Otherwise, time to move on. I’m going to focus on competing with people who take the sport seriously.”
Hours before the rant, Zuck also posted on Threads: “I love this sport [UFC] and I’ve been ready to fight since the day Elon challenged me.
“If he ever agrees on an actual date, you’ll hear it from me. Until then, please assume anything he says has not been agreed on."
Well well well, sounds like Zuck is pretty serious (and sounds like Musk is being a bit of a little b**ch.)
After weeks of back and fourth between the two tech-giants, Musk confirmed the fight would be going ahead last week (August 7), but it appears he's had a change of heart.
In July, Mark earned a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu after accepting Elon’s cage fight challenge.... Wonder if that scared Musk off.
Damn, sounds like we won't be seeing the two rich geezers in a cage for the meantime.
Bang Showbiz & The Rock