Pink Floyd have released details about the special edition box set for the 50th anniversary of their legendary album ‘The Dark Side of the Moon’.
Going for an understandably hefty price of US$299.98 (NZ$462.98) the boxset will contain:
- CD and gatefold vinyl of the album with remastered sound
- Blu-Ray and DVD audio with the original mix and remastered stereo version of album
- ‘The Dark Side of the Moon: Live at Wembley Empire Pool, London 1974’ on vinyl, CD, and Blu-Ray
- Hardcover book with 160 pages of rare photos from the band’s 1973 and 1974 tours of the UK and USA
- A complete, 76-page songbook of the original album
- 2 Replica 7” singles of ‘Money’ and ‘Any Color You’ on one, and ‘Us and Them’ and ‘Time’, on the other.
The jam-packed box set can be pre-ordered at shop.PinkFloyd.com, with the expected ship date being March 21st, fifty years and twenty days after the album’s initial release date.
The description of the box set on the official website reads:
“One of the most iconic and influential albums ever, Pink Floyd’s 'The Dark Side Of The Moon' celebrates its 50th Anniversary. The album was partly developed during live performances, and the band premiered an early version of the suite at London’s Rainbow Theatre several months before recording began.”
“‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’ is the eighth studio album by Pink Floyd, originally released in March 1973. The new material was recorded in 1972 and 1973 at EMI Studios (now Abbey Road Studios) in London.”
“The iconic sleeve, which depicts a prism spectrum, was designed by Storm Thorgerson of Hipgnosis and drawn by George Hardie. ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’ has sold over 50 million copies worldwide.
If you're a big fan of Pink Floyd, this would be pretty epic to get your mitts on.